You always have to think about your energy consumption no matter what time of the year or how busy you are. It typically goes higher than usual during wintertime with the water heaters and furnaces constantly running. You don’t have to give up the comfort by following these tips on how you can save energy during the cold months:
- Set your ceiling fans’ setting to low. They will help move the trapped warm air in the ceiling and circulate it all over your home. They will help keep the house warm while ensuring that your heaters won’t get overworked while the weather is chilly.
- Open the drapes in the morning, especially when the sun is out. Keep them closed at night to retain the warmth inside.
- Program your thermostat to 65 degrees or lower when you are out and 68 to 70 degrees when you’re at home.
- Change your bulbs into LEDs. They last longer, have lower electricity consumption and produce less heat.
During the holidays, you may want to share the enthusiasm of saving energy to other people by giving suitable gifts that include the following:
- Any gadgets that will turn an ordinary house into a smart home. Many of these gadgets can be controlled using a mobile app. So the homeowners can look after their homes even while they’re out.
- If you are in the mood to give out appliances, look for the kinds with the labels indicating energy-efficient. They usually come at lower prices, plus they are environment-friendly as well.